Monday 24 November 2008

Chick Corea - Sundance





CHICK COREA
Sundance

1974


71.3 MB
256+ VBR LAME mp3
Vinyl rip & scans from GM 530


Having just taken the piss out of Xenu's footsoldier over on the Crap Jazz Covers blog, I thought it would be fair and balanced to throw out the only Corea album I've kept. Obviously, it's more out of respect to the label that released it, Groove Merchant and that's another reason it's here: to beef up El Goog's new
Groovy Merchant site. Be sure to check it out for more GM goodies!


AMG Review by Scott Yanow
Recorded during the same period as "Is," "Sundance" has four very advanced (if forgettable) Chick Corea compositions interpreted by a septet that includes trumpeter Woody Shaw, Hubert Laws on flute and Bennie Maupin on reeds. Actually, this is a lesser Corea item with plenty of rambling moments (although it is generally not as free as "Is") and is recommended mostly to completists of the pianist who are interested in his early development.


Chick Corea -
Piano
Hubert Laws - Flute
Jack DeJohnette - Drums
Dave Holland - Bass
Woody Shaw - Trumpet
Horacee Arnold - Drums


1 The Brain
2 Song Of Wind
3 Converge
4 Sundance


You can have this Sundance with Soundological HERE or HERE.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also the only Chick Corea album I've kept. Primarily because Dave Holland and Jack DeJohnette's nice team work.

cheeba said...

Yeah Neu Mejican, Holland is excellent on this LP. I especially like their interplay on Song Of Wind.

el goog said...

Hi Cheeba, Thank you again.
I will add a link to here asap with your covers.
Thanks in advance.
eG

ish said...

Hey Cheeba. I'm usually pretty skeptical of Corea but I will give this a chance...nice sidemen. Thanks!

AMM said...

HI cheeba,
many thanks for this classic man!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Corea album. I had never seen this one before. I am a Corea fan and saw Return to Forever reunion when they came through Denver. Can't wait to listen to.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I left you a DOFOLLOW backlink on my website. This isnt a spam message, i actually did leave you a backlink on my site. If you check the top of the page you will see "Sites we like" and there will be a link to this site. Would you be kind enough to leave me a backlink? If so my website is http://crush-the-castle.com please use the anchor text "Crush The Castle" for the link and add it to a post or as a widget. Then please send me a email at backlink@crush-the-castle.com - If you want me to change your links anchor text let me know. Thanks

Anonymous said...

THX for sharing